Job Posting: Membership Manager
The Membership Manager supports the Development Director and Executive Director with essential functions of all aspects of the organization’s development efforts. Most notably, the Membership Manager will spearhead efforts to grow Oregon Wild membership and play a lead role in the coordination of community engagement efforts.
Oregon Wild relies on individual donors to provide both the financial resources and the citizen support necessary to fulfill our conservation mission. This position will help craft strategic plans and tactics for membership growth in collaboration with the Development Director and other relevant staff. The staff member in this position will be encouraged to think creatively about ways to grow the Oregon Wild membership base and to evaluate the effectiveness of membership growth strategies and tactics that have been implemented.
A central role of the Membership Manager is to conduct the day-to-day management of memberships, acknowledgements, renewals, and database entry.
The Membership Manager must be customer service focused in their interactions with Oregon Wild supporters, as well as a passionate messenger for the organizational mission. The position involves database management, gift processing, direct mail fundraising, donor communication, supporter engagement, mass e-mail communication, and potentially some website maintenance.
Development Functions (60%):
- Manage database including donation entries, updating donor records, etc
- Generate gift and pledge acknowledgments for all individual gifts (assist with foundation and corporate acknowledgments)
- Assist with solicitation and other follow-up calls to individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Work with staff, board, and volunteers to solicit renewal gifts via telephone outreach
- Generate and mail membership renewal letters on a monthly basis
- Assist with all direct mail campaigns as needed
- Assist with coordinating workplace giving programs
- Provide support, as needed, for various Oregon Wild events, including the organization’s annual Call of the Wild benefit
- Assist with additional development projects and other duties as assigned
Membership Strategies and Growth (25%):
- Work with the Development Director to craft creative new membership growth strategies
- Implement agreed-upon strategies and evaluate their effectiveness
- Design and manage Oregon Wild fundraising appeals
- Track membership growth and identify trends through regular reporting and meetings to evaluate the overall impact of membership growth strategies
- Work with the board’s Membership & Engagement Committee to incorporate board members into membership growth strategies and activities
Supporter Engagement (15%):
- Serve as the primary coordinator for Oregon Wild’s community engagement efforts at street fairs, community events, etc
- Work with other staff engaged in outreach activities to coordinate efforts, including scheduling and leading a monthly outreach and membership meeting
- Ensure that membership goals are incorporated into community engagement and outreach efforts across the organization
- Proactively seek out new and diverse venues for Oregon Wild to connect with potential supporters
- Ensure timely and effective follow-up with individuals that Oregon Wild connects with at community events to bring them along on the engagement ladder
- Maintain up-to-date outreach supplies including displays, interactive materials, merchandise, etc
- Represent Oregon Wild at various outreach events
- A passion for protecting and restoring Oregon’s wildlands, wildlife, and waters
- Strong computer skills, especially in Excel and Word
- Familiarity with donor database software (preference for experience with Salesforce)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A pleasant demeanor with customer service focus for interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Desired experience with e-mail marketing software (such as Constant Contact, Salsa, etc)
- Desired skills in desktop graphic design
- Ability to be flexible with assignments/priorities reflecting changing needs of department
- Ability to implement tasks with minimal oversight
- Willingness to follow through on tasks and ensure completion
This is a full-time, exempt position that includes benefits. Some evening and weekend hours will be required. The salary range for this position is $30,000 to $40,000, depending on experience. Benefits include paid health insurance, 403(b) retirement plan option, generous vacation, and other paid time off.
A minimum of a two-year commitment is required for this position.
Please submit a cover letter and resume consolidated into a single PDF or Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Membership Manager” and title your attached resume/cover letter document using your full name. Review of applications will begin March 17.