Thank you for wanting to get more involved! The best way to find out more about volunteer opportunities with Oregon Wild is to come to one of our hikes or events and meet our staff and other volunteers. Check out our upcoming events here.
From on-the-ground activities in our wild areas, to helping out at our offices in Portland, Bend, and Eugene, there's a little something for everyone. Wherever you are, you can also write letters, attend local meetings or host a party to introduce your friends to Oregon Wild. Here’s a sampling of the volunteer activities that we currently have to offer:
- Become a hike shepherd or hike leader (contact Marielle at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Help us with GIS mapping of the landscapes we're working to protect and restore. If you are experienced with GIS and have access to GIS software contact Erik at email@example.com
- Spread the word across the state by delivering Oregon Wild newsletters in your community (contact Marielle at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Submit a guest blog (contact Arran at email@example.com)
- Landscape at our unique office bioswale and gardens (contact Gaby at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Help maintain our office building. We save money by owning rather than renting, but it means we have lots of household chores like painting and other maintenance (contact Gaby at email@example.com).
- Photograph the wild places we're working to protect (contact Marielle at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Help with video or graphic design projects (contact Arran at email@example.com)
- Represent Oregon Wild at community events (contact Gaby at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Help organize special events like our annual benefit Call of the Wild, or with adminstrative tasks around the office (contact Gaby at email@example.com)
- Help the development team with fundraising, donation tracking, and donor relations (contact Gaby at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Help with all things central Oregon: outreach, events, office projects, etc. (contact Jamie at email@example.com)
Our staff is small for the size of the state we work to protect. We're a lean, mean, wildlands-defending machine. As such, we can't always guarantee that we'll have a project ready and waiting for you. If you have general questions, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll respond as quickly as we can. Thanks!