Other Ways to Support Oregon Wild

Gary Grossman

Choose an option that works for you

Help us protect Oregon’s public lands, native wildlife, and healthy climate with an option that works for you.
  • Workplace & Matching Gifts

    Workplace Giving
    Does your employer have a workplace-giving program? If so, it’s easy to designate gifts to Oregon Wild through your giving program, such as Benevity, EarthShare, YourCause, CyberGrants, United Way, or direct from your employer. You can join hundreds of other members who use this convenient method to support Oregon Wild. Ask your employer if workplace giving is available.

    Employer Matching Gifts
    The impact of your gift to Oregon Wild may be doubled by your employer. Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. Some companies will even match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please ask your employer.

    Oregon Wild
    Tax ID: 23-7432820
    Address: 5825 N Greeley Ave, Portland, OR 97217
    Call 503-283-6343 ext, 205 or email membership@oregonwild.org with any questions about workplace giving or gift matching.

  • IRA Charity Rollover

    If you are over the age of 70 ½, you can give to Oregon Wild with a direct, tax-advantaged gift from your IRA up to a maximum of $100,000, also known as a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD).

    To make an IRA gift, contact the custodian or trustee of your account to arrange the rollover. Please call our office so that we may ensure proper transfer and receipt of your contribution. Donors must be age 70 ½ or older and own a traditional or Roth IRA. Other retirement plans, such as pensions, 401(k) plans and others are not eligible. If donors withdraw funds and then contribute them separately, amounts withdrawn will be included in the donor’s gross income. It’s vital that the IRA custodian make the transfer directly to the charity.

    If you would like further information on making an IRA gift to Oregon Wild, please contact Oregon Wild Development Director Jonathan Jelen at 503-283-6343 ext. 224 or jj@oregonwild.org.

    Sample letter for you to use:

    Dear IRA Custodian,

    The PATH Act of 2015 permits a rollover directly from an IRA to a public charity. As the owner of account #______________ that is in custody of your company, I request that you transfer from that account the sum of $_____________ to Oregon Wild, 5825 N. Greeley Avenue, Portland, OR 97217. The Federal Tax I.D. Number for Oregon Wild is 23-7432820.

  • Give Stock

    Thank you for considering a stock gift to Oregon Wild. Giving stock makes an impact on our public lands and wildlife advocacy work. Please provide the Oregon Wild information to your broker to transfer your stock into our account:

    Investment Firm: RBC Wealth Management
    Account Name: Oregon Wild
    Account Number: 307-84752
    DTC Number: 0235
    Account Manager: Shelly McFarland
    Phone Number: 503-833-5212
    Toll Free Number: 800-547-4006
    Fax: 503-227-0434
    Address: 805 SW Broadway, Suite 1800, Portland, OR, 97205
    E-mail: Shelly.M.Mcfarland@rbc.com

    Contact Oregon Wild Executive Director, Sean Stevens at 503-283-6343 ext. 211 or ss@oregonwild.org with any questions. Thank you for your incredible gift.

  • Vehicle Donations

    Donate your car, truck, RV, or boat, and support our work to protect and restore Oregon’s wildlands, wildlife, and waters. The vehicle must be in Oregon in order to be donated. Oregon Wild reserves the right to decline vehicle donations when a profit isn’t predicted.

    How does it work?

    1. Call us or fill out this form. We’ll reach out if further information is needed.
    2. RV and boat donations require final approval from the towing company before pick-up can be arranged.
    3. Our partner tow company will contact you to set up a pick-up time. They will pick up the title, consignment form, keys, and vehicle.
    4. Once the vehicle sells at auction, Oregon Wild will mail an official tax receipt to you acknowledging your charitable deduction.

    Is My Vehicle Donation Tax-Deductible?

    Yes! Vehicle donations made to Oregon Wild are tax-deductible. Under current IRS rules, your deduction is limited to the gross proceeds from the sale of the vehicle. This rule applies if the claimed value of the donated vehicle exceeds $500. Oregon Wild will provide you with an acknowledgment of the sale stating the amount of the gross proceeds.
    For more information, contact our office at 503-283-6343 ext. 205 or e-mail us at membership@oregonwild.org.

    You can find additional auction information and FAQs on the Speeds Towing website here.

  • Become a Business Partner

    Oregon Wild partners with businesses that share our values and have shown a commitment to keeping Oregon a special place by helping to protect our wildlands, wildlife, and waters. For more information about the Oregon Wild Business Partnership program, contact Jonathan Jelen at jj@oregonwild.org.

  • Fred Meyer Community Rewards

    Do you shop at Fred Meyer? Use code KU957 at checkout or link your Shopper’s Card to Oregon Wild to apply a portion of all your purchases to support our wildlands, wildlife, and waters. 

    Read more about Fred Meyer Community Rewards here.

Join Our

Staying informed is the first step to becoming a public lands and native wildlife advocate.

Skip to content